August 15, 2011

Arrived safe in Quito, Ecuador!

Hey All,

I had a safe arrival in Ecuador! Flight #1 was 3 hours from Chicago to Miami and flight #2 was 3 hours from Miami to Quito!  There were no delays, I got both my bags, and they even served dinner on the second flight! (very surprising considering I flew AA).  Ecuador reminds me of St. Lucia.  It is very mountainous with lots of flowers. There are also many comforts from home.  Driving through Quito we passed a McDonalds, KFC, and Payless Shoesource (my favorite).  My host family is wonderful.  The mom and dad are very accomodating and my younger host sister loves to talk!  My living situation is definitely an upgrade from Argentina.  I am living in a very safe/ritzy gated community only 5 minutes from the University.  I have my own room with a full size bed, large closet, internet access, there is a washer and dryer in the house, and I have a new 10 inch high  friend named Nana the poodle (who is very quiet).  I arrived here on what my host dad said is their coldest day of the year yet... my host sister was wearing a winter coat and hat... it was  65 degrees and I was sweating in my capris and sweatshirt.  Oh well, I guess us Chicagoans have a different idea of what cold is... Tomorrow I have orientation at the University.  I will be available to skype after 5pm (Quito is the same time zone as Chicago).

Love and kisses,

Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment